The Best Way to Tell Someone to Whiten Their Teeth
We all know that person with the beautiful teeth and yellow smile. Your boss. Your boyfriend. Your sister. We care about people and want them to look their best. But teeth whitening can be a sensitive subject (no pun intended) and treatments can vary in price and effectiveness.
Why should people want a fresh, gleaming smile? What’s the best way to break the news?
Encourage teeth whitening with a subtle approach
According to the American Dental Association, in the past 20 years, teeth whitening has become one of the most popular esthetic dental treatments. The industry has been inundated with at-home treatments… from pens, strips, or even at-home trays… lights included. Why?
Here are a few reasons why everyone (including your friend) should get rid of that antique-looking smile:
Do people with white teeth actually look younger? Well, according to a study conducted by OralB, it’s true! You can look five years younger and 20% more attractive with a whiter smile. Who doesn’t want those kind of results?
So try this with your friend:
- “Hey, I read this article that professionally whitening your teeth can make you look five years younger. Sign me up, right? Have you ever thought about doing it?”
Packaging sells. If your packaging looks good and you feel good in your skin, your confidence will translate to success. Not only your business life but also your personal life will improve.
Why not bait your friend with this:
- “My dentist is offering an amazing whitening promotion this month! We have that big networking dinner coming up. If I look good, I’ll feel super confident and make more contacts for sure! You want in?”
Make a statement
First impressions are lasting impressions. Your smile is one of the first things people notice about you and whitening your teeth gives plenty of bang for your buck. After your first treatment, it’s much easier to stay on a schedule each year with your dentist to keep your pearly whites as white as possible.
Sell it this way:
- “I need a change. I’m going to get my teeth whitened and spruce up my look! What do you think? Have you ever thought about it?”
If your clever statements to encourage your friend to improve their smile are not working as fast or as well as you planned, don’t give up. There is something more you can do!
What is the BEST way to tell someone to brighten their smile?
Whiten YOUR teeth and inspire others
We think the best way to inspire someone is not by what you say, but by your example. Your friend or family member will be certain to notice your glamorous white smile and then you’ll be able to educate any who ask how to follow in your footsteps.
Any whitening treatment will achieve the best results after a regular cleaning by your dentist. After your next cleaning, ask your dental professional to recommend the best treatment for you… and maybe a referral for your friend. Better yet, share this cool article on your favorite social platform below with all your friends and family.
Get people talking about your amazing smile! Call our office and book your appointment today.
Other articles our patients enjoyed reading:
- Be sure to check out our Infographic on Teeth Whitening
- In-Office Teeth Whitening: Professional Advantages, Costs and Options – Consumer Guide to Dentistry
- At-Home Teeth Whitening: Evaluating your DIY Whitening Options – Consumer Guide to Dentistry
The content on this blog is not intended to be a substitute for professional medical advice, diagnosis, or treatment. Always seek the advice of qualified health providers with questions you may have regarding medical conditions.
Re-posted with permission. Source: https://www.quickdentalanswers.com/