Keeping your teeth clean and cavity-free is indeed important, but the fact your teeth are healthy doesn’t automatically mean you’ll be ecstatic with their appearance.
Genetics may provide you with teeth that are crooked, oddly shaped or that have large gaps between them. Or perhaps the appearance of your teeth has been altered from physical trauma or as a result of teeth grinding.
You Can Love Your Smile
Whatever the reason for your less-than-thrilling grin, the good news is that you can change the shape of your teeth and reinvent the look of your smile. Even better news is that there are several modern dental services that allow you to choose the best option for you based on your unique dental needs and personal preferences. At Giesy Family and Implant Dentistry, we’re proud to provide you with treatment options including:
- Porcelain Veneers—Wafer thin porcelain shells that are custom-made for your unique needs, and securely attached to the front surface of your teeth.
- Bioclear® Veneers – A composite material that is molded around your tooth in one piece adding strength to the restoration.
- Tooth Contouring—Employing a polishing instrument, small amounts of the surface enamel can be removed to compensate for minor imperfections and adjust the shape of the tooth.
- Dental Crowns—Expertly crafted tooth shaped “caps” that cover the entire visible portion of the tooth. The crown is securely cemented into place and is effective in creating a tooth with a natural, aesthetically pleasing appearance.
- Dental Bonding—A highly popular option involving the application of a tooth-colored resin on the desired teeth. The resin is hardened and bonded to the tooth using a special, high-intensity light. The final layer of resin is sculpted and polished to form the optimum appearance for the tooth.
If Your Gums are the Issue
There are times when your lack of smile-ability may have less to do with the shape of your teeth, and more to do with excessive gum tissue, resulting in a “gummy-smile.” An uneven gum-line can give the appearance that teeth are short, stubby looking, or crooked despite the fact that there’s really nothing wrong with them.
If that’s your situation, we also provide the revolutionary option of laser gum contouring. It’s a non-invasive, virtually pain free procedure that can create the perfect frame for your pearly whites.
All these options are effective but can differ when it comes to cost, durability, and the time it takes to complete the procedure. Contact Dr. Giesy, your family dentist in Tacoma today, and book your very own smile consultation. We can couple the needs of your unique smile with your personal circumstances and preferences to help you achieve more than just a smile that’s healthy—one that you’ll love and be proud to call your own.
Share with us: Do you think men or women place more importance on the appearance of their smile? Why?