Do you or a family member suffer from migraines or severe headaches? Migraines can effect people of all ages, including children, and can completely interfere with the ability to function. Did you know Dr. Giesy may be able to help?
8 fascinating migraine statistics you may not know:
1. Migraines effect 36 million people in the U.S.
2. Nearly 1 in 4 households includes someone with migraines.
3. Migraines are most common between the ages of 25 and 55.
4. Every 10 seconds, someone in the U.S. goes to the emergency room with a headache or migraine.
5. Three times as many women as men suffer from migraines.
6. Children also suffer from migraines – half of all migraine sufferers have their first attack before age 12.
7. The majority of migraine sufferers do not seek care for their pain.
8. Depending on the individual, severe headaches and migraines can be treated with neuromuscular dentistry.
Every migraine sufferer is different, and migraines may be triggered by a variety of factors. Some triggers include certain foods, medications, physical and emotional stress, hormonal imbalance, and even changes in the weather.
Dr. Giesy wants his patients to find the relief they deserve! That is why he is offering a free download so that you can learn more about TMJ HERE!
Migraines and severe headaches can also be caused by muscle tension related to your bite and jaw. The TMJ (temporomandibular joint) enables your jaw to open, close, and move from side to side. When the TMJ is not functioning properly, it can cause many painful issues, including dizziness, earaches, neck pain, and – you guessed it – tension headaches and migraines.
If you suffer from frequent headaches, jaw pain, and/or migraines, talk to Dr. Giesy about your symptoms during your next visit. He will examine the alignment of your jaw joints, bite, and teeth. Digital x-rays, if needed, can also be reviewed and may indicate the source of your tension.
Since each migraine and headache sufferer is different, we take time to listen to your specific concerns and symptoms so we can offer you a treatment plan tailored to your specific needs. Our foremost goal is to help you achieve long-term, whole-body health.
If you suffer from headaches, migraines, or jaw pain, don’t hesitate to call us at 253-752-6630 to discuss your options!