Is a Same-Day Crown as Good as a Traditional Crown?
Dental crowns save severely decayed or damaged teeth from getting extracted. This tooth-like cap sits over your tooth and allows you to resume everyday functions with ease, like eating and speaking.
However, if you’ve had one in the past, you know how cumbersome the process is:
That’s why we’re excited to offer you a faster alternative without compromising quality! CEREC same-day crowns are made using advanced 3D technology, allowing Dr. Giesy to design, create, and place your new crown in a single visit.
The whole process is quick, convenient, and comfortable!
The Benefits of Same-Day Crowns in Tacoma, WA
CEREC crowns are made from high-quality, durable material. With proper care, they’ll last just as long as traditional crowns, with an average lifespan of 5 to 15 years.
Each crown is custom designed to match the surrounding teeth, making it look natural. No one will tell the difference!
Save Time & Money
There isn’t much of a price difference between CEREC and lab-made crowns. However, you’ll save time and money by avoiding multiple visits.
Since we create your permanent crown in our office, you won’t have to wear a temporary crown or worry about it breaking or falling off.
No Messy Impressions
Manual impressions involve a putty substance that’s quite unpleasant. CEREC crowns rely on quick and painless digital imaging.
CEREC technology is exceptionally detailed, which helps create better fitting crowns. It also better protects your tooth underneath from decay and damage.
It Only Takes One Appointment
- Step 1. Digital Impressions A small hand-held wand creates a 3D digital model of your smile.
- Step 2. Design Dr. Giesy designs your custom crown using 3D CAD/CAM imaging technology.
- Step 3. Fabrication Your crown specifications are sent to our milling machine, which creates your crown from a block of material.
- Step 4. Placement Dr. Giesy makes any adjustments then permanently places your crown.
- Step 5. Leave Smiling You’ll leave our office with your restored smile in a single visit.
~ Michael P., (5-Star Google Review)
Make Life Easier with Same-Day Dentistry by Dr. Giesy
See for yourself with these facts and reasons!
At Giesy Family & Implant Dentistry, we’re committed to offering you the highest quality dental care because we truly care about you and want you to experience long-lasting and stress-free dentistry.
What else is our Tacoma dentist known for?
Come see for yourself how we do dentistry differently – where you always come first.
FAQs About Same-Day Crowns
- How much do same-day crowns cost?
The cost is comparable to a traditional cost. However, because you’ll only need one appointment, you’ll save money by avoiding multiple visits, driving, time off work, etc.
For an exact quote, schedule a consultation with Dr. Giesy.
- Are CEREC crowns covered by insurance?
Dental insurance policies typically treat CEREC crowns the same as traditional ones when it comes to coverage.
To see if your dental insurance covers crowns, contact us.
We also accept third-party financing through CareCredit and Lending Club.
- How long do same-day crowns last?
Same-day crowns last 5 to 15 years on average, which is the same as traditional crowns.
To make your crown last longer, follow these tips:
- Brush your teeth twice per day
- Floss daily
- Receive dental exams and cleanings as directed
- Avoid chewing on hard objects, like ice or pencils
- Don’t use your teeth as tools, such as opening a bottle or package
- Eat a balanced diet and limit sugar
- Be mindful of stain-causing foods and drinks
If you experience a problem, contact us right away at 253-752-6630.
- Are you accepting new patients?
Yes, we are accepting new patients for all our of our dental services.
Our office is located in Tacoma, WA and serves patients throughout the Pacific Northwest, including Gig Harbor, Spanaway, Ruston, Lakewood, University Place, Fircrest, Olympia, Puyallup, Federal Way, Fife, and Port Orchard.